Monday, June 30, 2008

Living in the Alaskan Wilderness

Last July (2007) I went with my dad and uncle to visit my cousin and her family in Soldotna, Alaska. It was an amazing trip. Well, her son (my 15 year old cousin) Cody is a great kid, and I had a great deal of fun spending time with him while we were there. He comes up to me one day while we were there and says "Hey, I know where we can go see this old, broken down cabin. Wanna go see it???" Uummm, YEAH!!! So we travel across a field and into the woods. I mean "THE WOODS!!!" No trails. No that is fun. We come across this cabin, and the out house (I am assuming) you see here. I love to think about what the story of an old place like this is. Who lived there?? How long?? What was life like?? It was a fun trip. We even heard rustling in the woods while we were there. Who knows what that was. We weren't eaten by a bear...so that is a positive. I didn't have to out run a bear. I mean, I'm fast.........just not that fast.

It was a great trip.


0 comments: