Saturday, August 16, 2008

Save the Clock Tower!!!!

I couldn't help it but to use that now famous quote from the first Back to the Future film, but it's true. I love clock towers. Don't ask me why. A friend of mine is convinced that time and order are important to me. That may be true. I think I just like the look of a clock tower. They are so very cool. Perhaps I should seek out all the clock towers I can this next year, and compile them into a book. I think I will call it "Too Much Time on My Hands." (Wait, that sounds familiar, like i heard it in a song once...........oh well.)
Anyway, getting back to it, I do think all clock towers should be saved. All of them should right now, and I mean RIGHT NOW, be given landmark status, whether they have been hit by lighting or not. These are pictures of the clock tower at the University of Redlands. I was there last week attending a training for school. A colossal waste of tax payer money, resources, and of course......TIME......but at least I got these pictures. I suppose all was not lost.

So I say to you again.......SAVE THE CLOCK TOWER!!!!




0 comments: