Saturday, November 29, 2008

I love a good geyser....even if I don't know it's name.

I was helping my uncle get together a blog, and in order to do that created a new article. Picked this picture at random. It's of a geyser of course from my favorite place on earth, Yellowstone National Park (thanks Teddy). After a bit (a very, very little bit) of research I think this is Jewel Geyser in the Biscuit Basin, but don't quote me. I remember it to be a fun geyser. Very beautiful, mostly because of how the air took the steam (which is captured here.) I may have said before that one of my goals when I visited this grand park the first time was to see all the geysers. Well, that didn't happen, but we came as close as one can hope during a three day stint in the park. My dad thought all geysers look the same. Well they don't. They each have their own character. Their own unique attributes. I came back to this very spot three years later in 1997 to try to recreate this picture. The day was overcast and while the picture I took that day could have been something special on it's own.....I didn't do a very good job of working my equipment that day and ened up with a less than stellar picture. I like this one though. For years I felt this picture needed something to make it more interesting, to me mostly. Well a couple months ago I cropped it and I really like how it turned out. Hope you do to.

0 comments: