Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have read the magazines. A lot of them. I have read the photo books. I have heard "The Rules" many a time. Nothing wrong with the rules, but don't stop there. They are good place to start, but from there make your own rules. Chart your own path. See things the way you see them, well photographically speaking. At the end of the day, when you are an amateur photo guy like me and not taking pictures for anyone else, the only person you have to please with your pictures is you. They are yours, so take the picture you want. I also think it's important to be a part of the scene. If you get out of the car and just start taking pictures, well the picture can come across as distant. On the other hand if you become a part of the scene you help the viewer become a part of the scene. Walk around, get into the surroundings, get your heart into the picture. I took this picture after walking around Joshua Tree for a while. It is truly amazing how different each of these trees are.

I love this picture. I hope you do as well.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i spy a polarizing filter use. I love polarizers. I love making the sky a little more than just powder blue color and injecting deep hues into what may seem to be a dreary sky