Friday, July 11, 2008

Peaceful Rivers

A few days ago my good friend Rich Kirkpatrick wrote about a place of serenity. Well, I love rivers. There is something so neat about a river. The look, the sound, it brings me peace. Last summer when I was in Alaska I wanted to go fishing. My cousin's husband asked me where and what kind of fishing I wanted to do. I said I didn't care as long as I was near a river. Didn't care if I caught anything. Just get me by a river. I wish I lived closer to a river. I would go hang out there often. But I live in a desert, and there aren't many rivers anywhere to be found near my house. I guess that's why I appreciate those moments I get by a river.

"Let the rivers clap their hands in glee! Let the hills sing out their songs of joy."

Psalm 98:8


Side Note : If you are ever in Soldotna, Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula, go and visit the wonderful folks at Kenai River Brewing Company. Great people.

0 comments: