Monday, July 14, 2008

We All Have a Favorite

Whether you take pictures or not, I think most of us have a "Favorite" photo. It is either our favorite because it is aesthetically pleasing or it captures the essence of a memory of an experience or moment (or both). Well, this is my favorite picture. Why you ask??? Well, my favorite place on the planet is Yellowstone National Park. It is beauty personified. It, for me, represents the glory of God's creation. I have visited this wondrous location on two separate occasion. Once with my parents during the summer of 1994. I almost didn't go on that trip. Boy am I glad I did. The other trip was in 1997 by myself. This picture was taken on that first trip. It is of White Dome Geyser. It was a beautiful day, I had not a care in the world, and I just sat by myself next to this beauty. The shame of Yellowstone is that most people that visit the park simply drive through, stop to watch Old Faithful, and then go on their merry way. Those that do are missing out. Missing out on all Yellowstone has to offer. I just sat and watched this geyser erupt more than once. It was amazing. This is still my favorite picture because it represents for me simplicity, calm, peace, stillness. All those things we search for in moments of chaos. If you have never been to Yellowstone......GO!!! I look forward to the day when I am able to return to this, my favorite place, Yellowstone National Park. We all have a favorite. This one is mine.

(Picture below is not mine, but it gives a idea of where I was. I was sitting on the boardwalk you see. The day looked very much like what you see in the picture)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

now these I like!!