Thursday, July 3, 2008

Slides to Digital : Half Dome, Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Honest Abe

I used to only take slide film. The pictures just flat turned out better. Back when I took pictures with film, I was very picky. I would walk around all day long and maybe take 3 or 4 pictures. It just cost way too much money not to be selective. Now of course with my digital, I am at times quite quick on the trigger. That is a another story for another time though. I recently discovered that my school's scanner has a feature that allows you to scan slides into the computer. So I spent a little time taking some of my favorite shots and transferring them from slide film to digital. The results are quite nice I must say. I am quite certain there are ways to make a better transition, but I will stick with what I have. The picture above of Half-Dome in Yosemite was a color picture that I turned black and white in Photoshop. Not bad. The Abraham Lincoln picture below has a story behind it that I will share at a later date, so check back for that, because it is a good story.


0 comments: